How much does an inspection cost?
Please do not hire your inspector based on the above question alone!! What are the inspectors credentials? Have you looked at their sample report of the inspection you will receive? You know the old saying “you get what you pay for”
Watch for words like Certified (No licensing requirements for General Inspections in the State of Ohio) and make sure they have been performing Home Inspections for at least a few years. Watch for gimmicks as many new inspectors can join an organization with no experience and have good computer skills to make there web site appear they are qualified. Do you really want someone to inspect your most expensive investment with little or no experience? Save a few dollars on an inspection to find out later you have major problems!!
What Does a Typical Home Inspection Cover?
- External Conditions & Surfaces
- Roof Coverings & Penetrations
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Visible Attic Areas
- Insulation & Ventilation Systems
- Plumbing & Electrical Systems
- Heating & Cooling Systems
- Foundations & Floors
- Walls & Ceilings
- Garage, Walks & Driveway
- Kitchen & Laundry
Your prospective property or service fees can vary depending on the following;
- Age – Is the home over 75+ years or brand new construction?
- Size (Square Feet) – Is the home 1000 sq ft or 5000+ square ft?
- Type of building – (Multi family, townhouse or duplex ?)
- Home and Yard Specifications – (Is there an additional building on the property like a 2nd garage?)
- Is the home occupied, vacant or a foreclosure? (Make sure the utilities are on for your inspection)
- BASIC Home Inspection – Is just like my competitors. Nothing special but it gets the job done. (No binder package, only major and safety concerns noted, NO photos)
- STANDARD inspection is usually about $50 higher than the BASIC inspection. (Included binder, photos)
- DETAILED inspection is usually about $50 higher than the STANDARD inspection. (For the detailed client)
- PRE-LISTING (Seller) Inspection – Similar to DETAILED INSPECTION.
- CONSULTING services – I can help you with the home you are buying, selling or currently living in.
- INVESTOR Inspection – Most just want to know if there are major issues, cost less than BASIC Inspection.
- RADON Testing (State License #RT462)
3 different fees (with inspection +10 miles)(with inspection <10 miles) (Stand alone – no inspection)
- Wood Destroying Organisms/Insects (State License #91552)
2 different fees (with inspection or stand alone)
Military Discounts are available!!